New Video Synth Question--

edited March 2011 in Everything Else
Hey guys,
I'm curious about something. Do any of you know when the LZX Industries Bitvision was first released? When did you all first hear about it?
Thanks y'all,
TB

Comments

• Is this an "official" type of question? Are you speaking specifically about the Bitvision thing or the other, modular stuff? I heard about the video modules probably around October or earlier, in 2010. After a reading recent article on matrixsynth.com, I visited their site and discovered this Bitvision thing. Looking deeper into it, I'm actually pretty interested.

What happened, did they bite your shit?
  • Yeah, I heard about it a few months back - and I think it was just a kit for the austin workshop series at first. It's only been available to purchase fairly recently.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks! I can't find reference on the net before November of last year. But I'm kind of a tard about that kind of thing and also pretty out of touch with the kit world.
    I figured you all might know more.

I knew about the Visionary for awhile, and it totally kicks ass. Really pretty waveforms. Some dudes at Bent 2010 told me I should get in touch with the guy since we both did video stuff, and I did. He's sharp, for sure.

But, to answer your question, yes: I'm specifically curious about the Bitvision. Come forth with that info.
    TB
  • Todd - a good place to get in touch and get more info on what he's been up to is at the muffwiggler forums - specifically the video synthesis section. It's an emergent community over the last few months -- people, schematics, ideas have been coming out of the woodwork. really good stuff.

creatorlars is lars of LZX industries.
  • I found it when searching about after you did your bentfest build. There's the guy in nl who makes some. Lars started porting out kits at switchedonaustin.com. I noticed they were to come out in december or so, but there were delays and in the first week of January they got 7 kits (it had already been previewed in Austin at gigs). I ordered one off chad there on January 6. Before switchedon austin had been selling I think Lars' hacks of the atari video synth at the $6-700 range. Lar's main trip is developing a bugbrand modular series of cv video synth components. www.lzxindustries.net and muffwiggler. bitvision is a pro level pcb screen and aequick asy build, but the first batch had the atmel's loose in with the othr components and that introduced a glitch which was tracked down and is now fixed. He was quick to respond and sent me a new atmel and turned down my offer to pay for it. What I have not done is used his developers package which allows you to dump in your own paintshop images.
  • Update: Made a dumb mechanical toggle box 2 to one out rca, so: May 20/21 I'll be feeding audio of the mixer send to one of Lars' Bitvision video synths and a critter & guitari dearraindrop video scope, so in theory all video hell will break loose as i play at the noise festival. Never tried this live before but I found three 50' professional cables for it an the gallery has a big video projector so who knows. better living at 9V.