WTPA2 in STEREO - How will I build it?

edited May 2010 in WTPA1 Mods
I am interested in the possibility of wiring up two WTPA samplers to create a full 8-bit stereo sampler/looper but at the same time, maintaining the original functionality and controllability of a single WTPA. Does anyone know how to do this? And if so, what would be the chances of uploading a PDF or diagram of such a modification? I am no electronics expert, but I assume it would be as simple as wiring in part of another WTPA into the circuit. Also, am I correct in assuming that a partially built WTPA would not function without all of it's components added? What I mean is, can I completely build one WTPA and partially build another with just the main components necessary to have it operating while relying on the first WTPA for its input, output and control surface? ... or do I need to build two complete units instead of one and a half, and then wire these two complete units together?

I think it would be awesome having the added dimension of stereo as it would have many useful applications, especially in studio work and recording.

Comments

• It'll be easiest to build two, and debug them separately, then control them from a common controller via MIDI.

Alternatively, you could wire an extra set of buttons in parallel to both units, as well as an extra rotary encoder for parameter control.
    Actually, come to think of it, with the new voltage controlled clock you'd be able to control both clocks (mostly) accurately with a single knob, too.

So that might be the way to go.
    Best of luck!
    TB
  • edited May 2010
    Hey, thanks for the advice! I'm thinking a modular approach would be the most practical and useful. Perhaps there is a MIDI solution to synchronizing two WTPA's and obtaining a stereo effect? Anyway, building two WTPA's and connecting them via a breakout box would definitely allow for greater flexibility in the long run.

I shall grab a pen and paper and start sketching out those ideas!
  • edited May 2010
    you might like to take a look here:
    http://ucapps.de/midibox64.html
  • OMG ... those things are beautiful! And they look complicated and time-consuming to build too!